“The best way of learning about anything is by doing.”
- Richard Branson
There is no event better than a hackathon to sharpen your tech skill set, or putting them to test, or even just testing out your ideas. Hackathons are also the best platforms to pick up new skills in a very short time, and isn’t a close deadline our ultimate inspiration?
So gear up with your computers, form your teams, and get ready to battle it out with your ideas and bring them to life in this edition of Hackathon.
1.Hacking will start at 12:00 on 1st September and will end sharp on 3rd September at 12:00.
2. Problem statements will be provided beforehand.
3. Your project should be original. If it resembles any present or published product, you will be disqualified.
4. Working model needs to be presented. NO FIGMA OR PROTOTYPE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
5. Both hardware and software projects will be accepted. (No hardware will be provided from our side)
6. You need to upload your code to github and it must be written within the hacking period.
7. If found otherwise, you will be disqualified straightaway.
8. Teams can consist of a maximum of 4 members. Individual participants can also take part.
9. You have to come up with a team name.
10. Only students from CSE department of RCCIIT are allowed to take part.
11. You have to post a video to explain your project. Video should not be longer than 3 mins.
i. Mentors will be there to guide you.
ii. You might showcase your project if you want.
Smart Education Track:
Present an effective and innovative approach to uplift the online education system of the country This smart education track aims to create projects that will be able to empower students in this COVID era and adapt to the new normal. Students develop prototypes that would help society to modernize education.
Design prototypes that would help to manage healthcare better in our country. This track aims to develop projects that would serve the country's health industry and cater to the needs of the people. Let's make our society a healthier place to live in.
Women Security Track:
Even in today's society, lack of women safety is the harsh truth. So with this track let's innovate something for a better and safer tomorrow. Bring out prototypes that will help to elevate women's security in the near future.
Worried about ideas that don't fall into any of the above categories???? Then this track is for you....without any restriction, you are free to develop a prototype that suits your ideas...So all the best for your innovation...
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
Best Beginner's hack
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Minimum Viable Product of your solution must be provided
- Working demo / model should be present
- You have to submit github code for your project
- You have to post a video to explain your project. Video should not be longer than 3 mins.
Mr. Souvik Majumdar
The Hackathon will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by SAAI Factory. One of the main goals is to recognize the potential of the projects for further development and presentation.
Creativity and Originality
How unique and creative is the project from an artistic perspective? How original and innovative are the depicted concept, vision, and visual theme? What are the references to contemporary art?
Art and Technology
How effective is the infusion of technology to enhance the work? Does it integrate deep learning in an innovative, unexpected way? Is it showing a new approach towards data input, data output or dataset ?
Potential for Further Development - Feasibility
Does the proposed prototype have the potential to grow and deliver the imagined result in the post-production stage? Are the team’s skills able to maintain and improve the project? Did they utilize the tools in the best way?
Clarity and Quality
Is the depicted theme clear to the viewer? How well is the concept reflected on the piece? Does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art? Does it work outside of the competition ?
Can the project inspire other ideas?
Scale of Awesome
Something in the project that is beyond the expected, surprising, and exciting.